Our Core Areas of Focus
All programs at Aspen focus on key areas of development which assist each child in his/her overall development. Programs are taught by licensed and certified professionals in the following areas:
- Verbal and/or non-verbal communication systems
- Oral motor development
- Language development (expressing and understanding)
- Speech sound production
- Feeding development
- Sensory integration/processing
- Fine motor development (hand strength, cutting, griping, gluing)
- Prewriting and writing skills
- Activities of daily living (feeding, dressing, toileting)
Gross Motor Development
- Core strength
- Sensory processing
- Body awareness
- Coordination and strengthening
- Music and movement
- Overall general development for ages birth to 3, ranging from gross motor skills to cognitive development.
- General academic skills for ages 3-6
- Social competency skills
- Classroom management skills
What makes us a unique program?
The speech & developmental therapists are the instructors in the classroom.
The child is looked at as a whole by a team not just one teacher.
Our programs are not locked in by age making it easier for a child to operate at his/her developmental level not chronological age.
Our programs provide extra attention to assist a child in developing the skills needed to manage themselves in a class room setting.
Being potty trained is not a requirement at any age.